- Stacks 2.0 mainnet will launch upon successful exiting all four testnet phases.
(Mainnet launch set for Jan. 14th 2021. See details.)
- Clarity smart contract language live on Stacks 2.0 mainnet.
- Ecosystem grants for Blockstack infrastructure and integrations.
- App Mining 2.0 for app developer incentives.
- Request for Startups (RFS) for the Blockstack ecosystem.
- App chains for scaling apps and new crypto assets.
- Stacks 2.0 achieves mainnet readiness, code complete by December 15th, 2020
- Login SDKs for easy on-boarding.
- Collections for sharing user data between apps.
- Android Stacks 2.0 wallet with Ledger integration.
- Clarity language tooling and developer resources.
- Community-driven App Mining 2.0 proposals and experimental grants.
- Increased decentralization of the Blockstack ecosystem, independent entities.
- Stacks 2.0 testnet release, and completion of initial testnet phases.
- Community-driven formation of an independent Stacks Foundation.
- Wallet SDK for integrations with wallets, exchanges, and custody.
- New user authenticator with simplified UX.
- Whitepaper for PoX mining and earning Bitcoin by participating in consensus.
- Final hardfork of the Stacks 1.0 chain, distribution of STX to 300K new owners.
- Initial network growth and scaling username registrations (Milestone 2).
- Increase App Mining 1.0 STX payouts. Proposals for App Mining 2.0.
- SIP-007 accepted for PoX mining and earning Bitcoin.
- App Mining 1.0 resulted in growth from 27 apps to 350 apps.
- International (non-US) exchange listing of STX on Binance and Hashkey Pro.
- Host 4th Annual Blockstack Summit 2019, the annual flagship event.
- Partnership with Lambda School to teach Blockstack to student developers.
- Raised ~$23M in first ever SEC-qualified token offering in US history and Asian strategic funding round.
- Updated Blockstack whitepaper 2.0 and translated to Korean, Chinese, Japanese, and Spanish.
- Released prototype virtual machine (VM) for Clarity smart contracting language.
- Started R&D for Stacks 2.0 and established Stacks Improvement Proposals (SIPs).
- Released Radiks which provides a database interface and indexing on top of Gaia.
- Achieved Milestone 1 of successful launch of Stacks 1.0 blockchain.
- Launched App Mining pilot with initial apps indexed on App.co.
- Independent New Internet Labs entity formed in Hong Kong.
- Held decentralizing the World Tour announced with 31 global meetups.
- Released the Stacks 1.0 blockchain testnet and Stacks 1.0 wallet.
- Released the developer Alpha of Blockstack iOS and Android SDKs.
- Held Blockstack Berlin, with Edward Snowden as the keynote speaker.
- Released Gaia decentralized storage, with multiplayer support.
- Raised $47.5M in token offering from 800 accredited investors and institutions.
- Released the public alpha of the Blockstack Browser.
- Held the Blockstack Summit in Mountain View.
- Launched the Signature Fund for decentralized applications.
- Converted to a Public Beneficiary Corp (PBC) to enable an open, decentralized internet.
- Released the alpha developer platform, including decentralized login for apps.
- Muneeb finished his PhD thesis on Blockstack at Princeton University. Published whitepaper.
- R&D work finished and raised a $4 million Series A funding led by Union Square Ventures.
- Released initial design of Blockstack, research on scalable blockchains and long-term storage.
- First Blockstack Summit at NYU
- Peer reviewed publication on blockchain virtualization tech at DCCL’16.
- Blockstack architecture published at USENIX Annual Technical Conference 2016.
- Went through Y Combinator in summer 2014, and raised a seed round.
- Launched a decentralized identity system, one of the first non-financial blockchain uses.
- Muneeb Ali and Ryan Shea met at Princeton University and started the project.
Blockstack PBC is not registered, licensed, or supervised as a broker dealer or investment adviser by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), or any other financial regulatory authority or licensed to provide any financial advice or services.
This communication contains forward-looking statements that are based on our beliefs and assumptions and on information currently available to us. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the following words: “will,” “expect,” “would,” “intend,” “believe,” or other comparable terminology. These statements involve risks, uncertainties, assumptions, and other factors that may cause actual results or performance to be materially different. We cannot assure you that the forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. We disclaim any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.